Saturday, July 24, 2010

Etsy LA Meet Up

Etsy hosted a poolside meet up at the Figueroa Hotel in downtown last night. I had been looking forward to it all week. I was kind of nervous about walking into a place where I didn't know anyone, but the Etsy admin immediately welcomed me and set my mind at ease. What was I worried about? From all the Etsy encounters I have had in the past did I really think the people at the meet up wouldn't be just as awesome??? They totally were. I fell instantly in love with all the Etsy staff. Christina was so easy to chat with and super interesting (if you ever come visit again I would love to take you estate sale-ing!), Morgan gave me my most interesting bit of rugby trivia, Randy was the adorable guy in glasses that became even more adorable when he admitted to playing Dance Dance Revolution in the arcades and I have a full on girl crush on Vanessa (you have the prettiest eyes!). And the Etsy sellers were every bit as nice. I put together a quick sampling from their shops. I love that everyone is so different. Hoping to make it to the Renegade Craft Fair today to see some of their stuff in person.

Vintage Enameled Unicorn Metal Decorative Plate




2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun day to meet everyone! And what amazing shops! I love the his and her towels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog, The Etsy Meetup was tons of fun!!

    I was helping Cyanide Stitches (the glasses towels) at the event and we drove non-stop through the desert all the way from Denver to make it to the meetup in time and it was totally worth it, we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete