Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blenko Glass


Ever since the PBS series on Blenko glass I have been hooked. It was shortly after that I bought my husband a Blenko crackle vase for Christmas. It wasn't the prettiest one out there, but it fit my 20 something, shoestring budget. And it had a shiny Blenko sticker still attached so I knew I wasn't being taken.

I've since picked up a few pieces here and there, mostly at estate sales. But, the pictures I came across the other day make me want to take up seriously collecting. These are some of the most beautiful displays I have ever seen. Best of all, the newsletter even provides tips to create beautiful displays.



Whether you choose to display in groupings, soldiers or stand-alones is one area to consider. The other? Color! Single or Multi? And how many? Here are a few of my favorites.






Check out the wonderful newsletter and website, Glasshouse.

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I have been really inspired to make little groupings of objects lately- even lined up the fruit on my kitchen counter today in a "blenko" way.

    Sorry to hear about your cat - I hope you're doing ok. My thoughts have been with you.

    ReplyDelete