Friday, February 12, 2010

Haus Proud Goes into Depression


Okay, gloomy title, I know. But this has been a really rough week for me. I had to put my kitty of fourteen years down on Monday. I have struggled every day since then with that decision. Even though the vets said his condition wouldn't get better, you can't help but think maybe he would have had some more good days if I brought him back home. The only thing that has brought me solace is having buried him in the garden. Every time I look out the window I say hi to him.

Truthfully, I think I can label it depression since I have been completely unable to focus on work. I have mountains of stuff to sort, photograph and list in the shop and can't seem to bring myself to do any of it. I just mope. Until now. I finally found the motivation I needed last night when I decided to donate 10% of all proceeds from the next two weeks to Fix Nation. They are an organization that does free spay/neuter and vaccinations for feral cats. Considering the colony that lives in my neighborhood, I have taken many a kitten to them and will be taking the big kitties (aka the breeders) in to see them after this next litter is born. I see mama kitty waddling across my property every day. We are both feeling very pregnant right now.

So, in memory of my handsome, wonderful Ferris, I will be donating 10% of all proceeds from my Etsy site to Fix Nation. Starts Feb. 14th and goes through Feb 28th!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Ferris. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete