Sunday, January 3, 2010

Domino Magazine: Gone, but Not Forgotten.

I can't tell you how crushed I was to learn that my beloved Domino Magazine was closing it's doors. I would delight in checking the mail, waiting for the new issue. And when it arrived I would stare at the cover for hours before finding a few moments to myself to enjoy. Often I would run a bath and bring my Domino with me to my sacred spot, pouring over every page.

I saved every issue and just pulled out December 2005 to look at a kitchen article I remembered. Besides the fabulous kitchen article, I was amazed to see how current and relevant all the interiors still were, four years later.

Here were a few of my all-time favorites.





I was delighted to hear of Lonny Mag, www.lonnymag.com. A rather Domino-esque online magazine. It's not a perfect replacement for me. Possibly because I can't bring my laptop into the tub with me. But enjoyable nonetheless.

Also of interest, a complete collection of Domino Magazines is available on ebay with a Buy It Now price of close to $500!

Check it out here.


Tempting, but I think I'll keep mine...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a crazy price! Although, I imagine back issues of Domino are really hard to come by. I miss it too :(

    ReplyDelete